Thursday, April 10, 2014

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is the Best Show You're Not Watching

So before I get into this, let me say that I will do my best to keep the spoilers down, but there will be some spoilers for both Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Don't say you weren't warned. 


So, for those of you who, like me, sat in the theater after watching the latest Captain America movie with your jaw hanging open going "WELL WHAT THE HELL?!", and who waited with baited breath for Tuesday's Shield episode, you'll probably be surprised to find that Shield still suffers from low ratings. 

How on earth could this be? Even if you're not a reader of Marvel comics (and I'll admit, I'm not), the story is easy to follow, incredibly engaging and entertaining, and it's excellent story telling. More than that, it keeps the Marvel universe going between blockbuster movie installments. This week's episode was a seamless tie-in to The Winter Soldier, the story line about the infiltration of Hydra, the supposed death of Nick Fury, and Cap's triumph over the helicarriers. We got the big reveal about what May has been up to, who the Clairvoyant is, and which Shield facilities are compromised (as in, most of them). 

What other show is doing this? What other show flows right into the world of comics and movies, providing fans of any (or all) of these mediums quality entertainment in a world they enjoy? I can't think of any. 

So who isn't watching Agents of Shield? Hm, I wonder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment