I have made a vow to myself, however, to get this blog back on track. I'm going to start by getting back to regular posts on Fridays and Sundays (the days I come the closest to having this so-called "free time"), and will possibly add in Wednesdays.
Today's post is going to be a free-for-all list of things that are going on today, kinda like a lighter version of the Weekly Roundup. Ok then? Ok.
- May the Fourth Be With You - Today is Star Wars Day, which I guess you celebrate by publicly exclaiming your love of Star Wars. Pretty cool, and certainly more entertaining than setting out three ships in your yard for Columbus Day.
- Today is also the day The Avengers opens. I'm going to see it tomorrow with my sister. Though of course, being female, we needed a little help to understand what was going on. Pardon me while I roll my eyes forever at this stupid, sexist, piece of shit.
- And speaking of tomorrow - Saturday May 5th is Free Comic Book Day! Support your local comic book store by not only stopping in for your free comic books, but by purchasing something while you're there. We'll be at Super-Fly Comics and Games, which as I've written before, is the best comic store ever.
- Today is the anniversary of the Kent State Massacre. I don't have anything funny or pithy to say here, cause it's not a laughing matter. It is a dark stain not only on Ohio (my home state), but the nation as a whole. We must never forget so that we never repeat.
- And in other nothing-to-laugh-about news, Adam "MCA" Yauch, co-founder of The Beastie Boys, died today at the age of 47 due to cancer. I have never been a rap fan, but I always had a soft spot for The Beastie Boys. This is such an awful thing to happen to someone so young, and all I can say is FUCK CANCER.
- And now to lighten the mood again, here is a monkey with a dildo, courtesy of Regretsy:
- My partner John had this to say about it - "You could put that out in the sun room with all your plants, so when you're showing people around you can say "And here are all my plants, and my monkey holding a dildo.' And people will look at it uncomprehendingly, as if they aren't sure if they really see it, and then their faces will melt off like the Nazis in Indiana Jones beholding the Ark of the Covenant."