Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Marvel's The Avengers Movie Has a Trailer

Good news for geeks and those who love comic-inspired movies - The Avengers trailer is now out! 
I've always preferred DC to Marvel, but I do like The Avengers. I have also liked all of the recent Avengers movies that I have seen, and have been pleased at the post-credits teasers leading up to this film. I'm also a rarity among geeks in that I don't worship the ground Joss Whedon walks on, so my anticipation for this film is not about him. Sure I liked Dr. Horrible, but I've only been "meh" on his other work (and no, I haven't seen Firefly or Serenity; stop asking). Still, this is a great cast of people and the source material is an excellent starting point, so I have confidence that Mr. Whedon 


When news that Ed Norton wouldn't be back as Bruce Banner, I was a little apprehensive about this movie. Ok, a lot apprehensive. I really enjoyed his take on Dr. Banner. My fears were assuaged, however, by the casting of Mark Ruffalo. I have always enjoyed Mr. Ruffalo's work, particularly his role in one of my favorite films Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. He has a conflicted aire about him anyway, and so I think playing the tormented Dr. Banner is right up his alley. I think he's going to be great. 


I also like the look of Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye here. In fact, he looks just like my partner John, which made me smile. 


So, is it next Summer yet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment