Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kokeshi Bento Boxes

Kokeshi Bento Box Bowls Geisha

One thing I enjoy doing is changing the lyrics to songs. I wouldn't call what I do filk, as my feeble skills would be insulting to the fine and talented people who do filk. I'd call what I do silliness.

Recently my brother was in the hospital for an extended period of time (more on that in a future post), and I had lots of time while visiting him to come up with lots of silly things. One day alternate lyrics to the Beatles' classic Hey Jude popped into my head:

Hey food,
Don't make it bland.
Take a good meal,
And make it bento.
Remember to cut it into fun shapes.
Then you begin
To make it bento!

I shared this with Jon yesterday and we had a good laugh. And then today I find these adorable bento boxes and am smitten. Talk about geek kismet.

No comments:

Post a Comment